Well, here we are at the Human Capital Institute Summit 2009
[networking – woo-and-indeed-hoo!]
soaking up some of the latest thinking in the management sphere and testing the boundaries of our own reality. Does that sound like an odd thing to happen at a conference?
Well, we’re rapidly coming to the conclusion that the world is changing around, underneath and within us AND (some of which we covered in Economic Catastrophe and Bipolar Disorder) that is like, er, a rilly, rilly good thing!
[“It’s the end of the world as we know it… And BadConsultant feels fine!”]
We’ve had a number of questions as to why BadConsultant? Here’s our two main answers:
- We don’t make money from this unless we add value – you can take it for free or you can do the decent thing and respect our contribution
- We’re more than happy to lift the lid on the madness and, to quote a friend of ours, “open the kimono” – most people in modern corporations (and the moreso as you get more senior) are perpetuating an illusion of order and control that is slowly but surely destroying their energy, vitality and chance of achieving happiness – it is also, quite literally, killing any chance of a sustainable, growing business. And BadConsultant just flat refuses to perpetuate the myth. Even though our consulting bretheren would rapidly bill for more hours to achieve just that.
So, here we are, bringing s*** and fan together.
And we are determined to create and model a new form of consultancy. It’s basic tenets:
- It’s no longer about having the answers. It’s knowing which question to ask. Especially when it’s about the unthinkable.
- Every action we, and our clients, take should tear down, or destroy some building brick of the monolithic corporate structure – it is a model that worked for some of the 20th century – but it’s already far beyond out of date
- You only get to draw on our talent if you have a mission and purpose that changes the world for the better
How do you like them apples?
BadConsultant is available for any sort of gig that meets the above criteria. And we’re wondering what you’re scared of that stops you getting in touch with us.
It is time to change your world, and the world, for the better.