Well, much as we enjoyed the never-ending cocktail hour on our private island, it’s time for this BadConsultant to revisit the mainland for a short while.
[it was the LinkedIn discussion forums that did it, to be honest, but more of that in the next few days]
BC‘s first question on stepping off the yacht?
How’s the literature search going?
A quick jump over to Amazon and we find search results*
- Change Management: 112,815, +140%
- Business Strategy: 125,807, +124%
- Organization Culture: 59,628, +148%
- Talent Management: 10,281, +42%
- Leadership: 181,868, -29%
- Management: 982,567, +2%
* book count at Amazon.com
Most interesting immediate knee-jerk inferences:
- have we finally reached peak-management-book?
- have people finally got bored reading about leadership when it’s manifestly absent in many executives?
- the relative blind-spot relating to talent management continues.
If you want more analysis, BC will be happy to provide a statement of work, for now however, we’ll be settling into our small
[yet ideally placed and exquisitely furnished]
pied-a-terre in the center of Manhattan, and idly browsing through the many
springboards provided at the LinkedIn discussion forums.
See you for cocktails tomorrow,